Welcome! We are a parish of the Diocese of the South of the Orthodox Church in America (OCA), under his grace Nikon, Bishop of Boston, New England, and the Albanian Archdiocese, Locum Tenens of the Diocese of the South. We are the first OCA parish in Kentucky. We are located in the heart of the bluegrass region just outside Lexington.
A special Lenten Retreat will be held on Saturday, March 15 with Fr. Steven Kostoff, pastor of Christ the Savior~Holy Spirit Orthodox Church (OCA) in Cincinnati OH.
Click the following link for more information. Lenten Retreat 2014
Great Lent is a time to take up a divine challenge to grow spiritually. The key ingredient in this effort is our “free acceptance” of this call. Only if we freely take it up will this Lenten journey be God-pleasing and transformative.
Part of our “free acceptance” of Lent goes beyond food to include:
- taking up more intense prayer
- coming to church more often (Vigils, Presanctified Liturgies, Daily Services)
- giving more alms and serving others more intentionally
- denying ourselves certain entertainments
- making deeper and more frequent self-examination and Confession
- taking time to reflect and retreat, even in small ways