Holy Week and Paschal Services
We invite Kentuckians to visit us at this most sacred time of the year. Holy Week and Bright Week, which is the first week of the Paschal celebration, constitute the very heart of the year for Orthodox Christians. “Taste and see that the Lord is good!” For more information on these and other services, please see our service schedule.
- 3/27 Lazarus Saturday: Chrismation at 8:40am
- 3/27 Lazarus Saturday: Liturgy at 9am followed by lenten pancake breakfast, children’s Confessions, and Holy Week crafts
- 3/27 Vigil for Palm Sunday at 6:30pm
- 3/28 Palm Sunday: Baptisms at 9am
- 3/28 Palm Sunday: Liturgy at 10am followed by Fellowship Meal
- 3/28 Bridegroom Matins for Holy Monday at 6:30pm
- 3/29 Holy Monday: Hours with John 1-7 at 7am
- 3/29 Bridegroom Matins for Holy Tuesday at 6:30pm
- 3/30 Holy Tuesday: Hours with John 7-13 at 7am
- 3/30 Bridegroom Matins for Holy Wednesday at 6:30pm
- 3/31 Liturgy of Pre-Sanctified Gifts at 11:30am
- 3/31 Bridegroom Matins with Anointing at 6:30pm
- 4/1 Holy Thursday: Mystical Supper Vesperal Liturgy at 3:30pm
- 4/1 Holy Thursday: Community Soup & Salad meal at 5:30pm
- 4/1 Matins for Holy Friday with Passion Gospels at 6:30pm
- 4/2 Holy Friday: Royal Hours at 9am
- 4/2 Holy Friday: Entombment Vespers at 3pm
- 4/2 Matins for Holy Saturday with Lamentations at 6:30pm
- 4/3 Holy Saturday: Vesperal Liturgy at 9am (with meal)
- 4/3 Paschal Nocturnes, Matins, and Liturgy beginning at 11:30pm Saturday night followed by joyful breaking of the lenten fast in the parish hall! Guests welcome! The meal usually begins around 3am.
- 4/4 Pascha: Vespers of Pascha are being served at 2pm at the High Bridge Park Pavilion in conjunction with our Paschal picnic. Again, visitors are welcome to join us for worship and food!
- 4/5 Bright Monday: Paschal Liturgy at 9am
- 4/6 Bright Vespers at 6:30pm
- 4/7 Bright Wednesday: Paschal Liturgy at 7am
- 4/7 Bright Vespers at 6:30pm
- 4/9 Bright Friday: Paschal Liturgy at 7am
See our service schedule for more information about the Holy Week services.