Provisional Timeline for Building Project 2012-2014
Architect Selection–October ✓
Capital Campaign Mailers–December
Approval of Plans by State and City–February
Bidding on Plans–April
The parish council reviewed this timeline to ensure that it was indeed a realistic schedule as we move forward.
Building Steering Committee Update
October 18 and 25, 2012 Meetings
Architect Tom Smith joined us for the Oct. 18 meeting and addressed the following points:
- Budget challenges during the first phase, e.g. excavating.
- Timetables for artist rendering – He will submit one rendering that we will accept, amend, reject, or ask for a new one. He has agreed that we will have some level of rendering available by the beginning of December that can be used for our nativity publicity work.
A special BSC meeting will be held on November 5 to review initial rendering and to review cost estimates, being mindful of balancing costs with needs.
On October 25 the main discussion was on Total Project Cost. Nathaniel will speak to the parish about this on Sunday the 28th.
Once the BSC reviews the initial rendering and gets revisions, we will begin announcing meetings where we will review the renderings with the parish body. Other items discussed included:
- Arranging for our insurance agent David Amole to come to one of our December meetings.
- Information that will be included in the building project publicity campaign that will include mailers to friends of the parish during the Nativity season.
- Fr. Justin’s ongoing conversations with parishioners about raising the funds needed to break ground this summer.
- Design aesthetics – The BSC trusts Tom’s sense of aesthetics, based upon his previous work.
Nathaniel has uploaded onto the website Tom’s talk from October 3 and Matushka’s presentation on September 26. To view them go to http://athanasiusoca.org/category/building/