The Building Steering Committee met this past Thursday. The BSC reviewed the conversations Father has had with Tom Smith, including Tom’s recommendation that the civil engineer immediately survey the four corners of the building footprint. Our geotech person will be on-site with a back-hoe on Monday to determine precisely the make-up of the ground directly under our first phase project. This should have the effect of significant narrowing the “unknown costs” with rock removal and excavation estimates.
The BSC also hammered out a clear timetable for the next several weeks and architect Tom Smith has signed-off on this timetable as well.
- Tues., August 20: host Tom at the Parish Council meeting
- Sat., August 24: go over ALL PLANS with fine-tooth comb to make sure we aren’t missing anything.
- Fri., August 30: Plans go out to contractors for bids
- Sun., Sept 1: Final plans shared out completely in parish
- Sun., Sept 8: Parish Info Meeting after Liturgy
- Tues. Sept 17: Parish Council review bids and recommend contractor to parish body
- Sun., Sept 22: Final Vote in Annual Parish Meeting
- Bulldozers go ASAP