On February 1, 2002, the eve of the Great Feast of the Meeting of the Lord, a dozen families were united to the Holy Orthodox Faith and became the founding members of St. Athanasius Orthodox Church. 15 years later, we are grateful for all that the Lord has done in and through St. Athanasius parish!
This weekend we anticipate a full yet casual celebration of our Anniversary. Our honored guests for the weekend will be the newly-ordained Priest Patrick (Wes) Pulley, his wife Matushka Lauren, and their sons. A Facebook Event Page has been set up. We also ask parishioners to sign-up online so that we will have ample food for both Saturday night and the Sunday Potluck. Our schedule of events is as follows:
- 630pm Saturday: Great Vespers with Litya
- 720pm Saturday: Reception & Dessert with Reminisces by Mat. Lauren and other founders
- 9am Sunday: Sunday School
- 10am Sunday: Divine Liturgy with Fr. Patrick presiding and preaching
- Moleben of Thanksgiving for 15 Years of Parish Life
- Potluck Dinner in Hall following
Enjoy the photo gallery of our first 15 years!