- We are to prioritize serving Liturgy, offering it “on behalf of all.”
- In an attempt to limit exposure and not spread the coronavirus, we are to limit strictly attendance at the Liturgy to the same 10 people for each service (no rotating of persons–trying to limit households exposed together in the Liturgy.)
- Beginning on Palm Sunday, that number of “regular” people in the Liturgy will drop to 5: 2 households! The doors must be locked at each service once the singers and servers are present.
- With only a handful of people in attendance, our primary Holy Week Services will be Livestreamed via our YouTube channel. Lesser Holy Week services will be sung simply by Fr. Justin (and possibly his family) from the temple and Livestreamed via our parish Facebook Page. View our online service schedule here.
In the meantime….
- Lent is Still Happening Even as our people refrain from attending services in person, the call to Fast, Pray, and Give Alms remains front and center for Orthodox Christians this year as in any other! As Vladyka, there is nothing keeping us from encountering our Lord in these blessed practices. There is nothing “keeping us from observing the divine commandments.”
- Divine Services are Still Being Offered
- Materials for Domestic Worship are available (many parishioners prefer this mode of worship to livestreaming–and that is fine!)
- Text for Sunday Typika (Obednitsa or Lay Liturgy without Communion)
- Various liturgical texts from the Diocese of the South (inluding link to upated variable weekly texts)
- Text for Lay Service with Prayers Concerning Pandemic
- Daily YouTube Meditations for Holy Week & Pascha from Fr. Justin (stay tuned!)
- OCA-wide Online Church School Resources (visit here!)
- Phone Confession & Pastoral Conversations as Needed
- Please reach our to Fr. Justin by email or by contacting him at 859-361-2823
- (In dire emergency and with the archbishop’s blessing, Fr. Justin will available for Communion)
- Special Volunteer Sign-ups
- “Virtual Coffee Hour” on Sundays (12pm) and Wednesdays (720pm)
- We are using the app “Houseparty” (learn how to download and use here)
In this unusual season in our parish history, we sadly cannot invite you to join us physically. But we do invite you to connect virutally, through the livestreaming options and by praying along with our community. We also encourage you to reach out to our priest, Fr. Justin (859-361-2823.) It is vital that everybody in this crazy season–parish members and newcomers–be able to contact the priest for support, prayer, and a listening ear.