As we journey into August, we mark the days of the Dormition Fast (Aug. 1-14) which precedes the Great Feast of the Dormition on Aug. 15. In this unnerving year of 2020, perhaps more than any other year, we truly need these days of purposeful prayer, fasting, and penance. Our parish calendar has been expanded considerably in August, with Paraclesis services being added on Fridays, to meet our spiritual needs in this season. Please join us! Visitors are welcome (see notes on our “Open Door Plan” below.)
Our Parish “Open Door Plan” Continues
- to wash their hands upon entering the church
- to wear masks in the church building
- to maintain at least 6′ of social distance between families
- to be prudent in staying clear of exits after service (and to maintain good distancing outside)
- that, should they feel ill or havre a temperature, to stay home and join us for services via our YouTube livestream.
Additional details of our “Open Door Plan” (which you can read in full here) include:
- All weekday and Saturday services are completely “open” to any who wish to pray in person–including visitors!
- Our Sunday is Liturgy is “Open Door” in that no one will be turned away from the church. 60 parishioners are able to worship on the main floor and 75 are able to worship in the parish hall (now equipped as “the downstairs chapel.”) We have added candlestands, icons, and converted the hall into holy space. Liturgy is livestreamed and Communion is offered at the appropriate time to Orthodox Christians. Parishioners are divided up into two teams with surnames A-M (“Team Peter”) and N-Z (“Team Paul.”) On one Sunday, Team Peter is upstairs and Team Paul is downstairs–then they switch on the next Sunday. Just check the online calendar and see which team is in the “nave” while other team is downstairs. Visitors are welcome!
- Our Saturday night Vigil, Sunday Liturgy, and Wednesday night Vespers will continue to be livestreamed via our YouTube channel indefinitely for those still praying from home.
While the worshipping life of our church is almost “back to normal,” we still have a long way to go, in terms of the social, fellowship, and educational life of our parish family. God-willing, at some point in August, we will inaugurate a formal “outdoor coffee hour” after the Sunday Liturgy.
Additional Resources As Reopening Continues
- Divine Service for Lay Home Worship
- Pastoral Conversations & Sacramental Home Visits
- Please reach our to Fr. Justin by email or by contacting him at 859-361-2823
- OCA-wide Online Resources (visit here)
- OCA-wide Online Church School Resources (visit here)
We invite you to come visit our church and pray at any of our services or to schedule a time to meet with our priest, Fr. Justin (859-361-2823.) Of course, you are still welcome to connect virtually, through the livestreaming options. Summer blessings be upon you all!